As noted by Dahlia Lithwick in The Judicial Branch Grabs Back (Slate), here are four of the five federal judges who have issued stay orders in response to Trump’s executive order:
• Judge Ann Donnelly (Eastern District of New York)
• Judge Allison Burroughs (District of Massachusetts)
• Judge Judith Dein (District of Massachusetts)
• Judge Leonie Brinkema (Eastern District of Virginia) (no photo)
Update as of 30 January: Another judge to add to the list (LA Times story here):
• Judge Dolly Gee (Central District of California)
Teams of lawyers are also grabbing back at airports all across the US. Even the floor serves as an office at JFK airport for preparing habeas corpus petitions. Lawyers took over the food court at JFK’s Terminal 4 this weekend to plan legal action, prompting my colleague Jennifer Taub to tweet this comment and photo.