Following the invasion of Ukraine, the international community has expressed solidarity in pursuit of a peaceful resolution. Within International Law, which legal solidarity approaches can be taken by states?
Can we pursue “peace and solidarity through law”? Can we replace “lawfare” and “security through power”? Is it possible to dismantle the structures of violence, oppression maintained by states and non-state actors and change the context of a fragmented international order? Solidarity is the value that all individuals and peoples have the right to benefit from peaceful and equitable international order.
- 10:00: Solidarity for Peace. Welcome by Cecilia Bailliet
- 10:10: Solidarity through Accountability for the Crime of Aggression. Jo Stigen
- 10:25: Solidarity in Humanitarian Assistance: Resettlement of Refugees in Ukraine. Kristin Bergtora Sandvik
- 10:45: Solidarity and Information Politics. Mareile Kaufmann
- 11:00: Legal Approaches to Energy Solidarity. Catherine Banet
- 11:15 Q &A
The live stream is available here