We’ve posted previously about this year’s ICC Summer School from 15-19 June 2015 at the Irish Centre for Human Rights, NUI Galway. Here is an update, with the full list of faculty:
The ICC Summer School at the Irish Centre for Human Rights is the premier summer school on the International Criminal Court, the world’s permanent institution for the trial of international crimes. This year’s ICC Summer School will take place from 15-19 June 2015 at NUI Galway, Ireland. The Summer School comprises a series of intensive and interactive lectures over five days given by leading academics and legal professionals working at the International Criminal Court. Participants are provided with a detailed working knowledge of the establishment of the Court, its structures, operations, and applicable law. Specific topics covered include international crimes (genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity & aggression), jurisdiction, modes of liability, the role of victims and prosecutorial discretion. This year’s Summer School will include a special session on Palestine and the International Criminal Court, which will involve the participation of the Palestinian Ambassador to Ireland, Ambassador Ahmad Abdelrazek. The Summer School is suited to postgraduate students, legal professionals, journalists and staff of civil society or intergovernmental organisations.
The 2015 ICC Summer School faculty includes:
- Professor William Schabas – Middlesex University & Irish Centre for Human Rights
- Professor Kevin Jon Heller – School of Oriental and African Studies, London
- Dr. Fabricio Guariglia – Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court
- Dr. Mohamed M. El Zeidy – Pre-Trial Chamber II at the International Criminal Court
- Dr. Rod Rastan – Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court
- Professor Ray Murphy – Irish Centre for Human Rights, NUI Galway
- Professor Don Ferencz, Visiting Professor, School of Law, Middlesex University; Research Associate, Oxford University Faculty of Law Centre for Criminology
- Dr. Kwadwo Appiagyei Atua – University of Ghana and University of Lincoln
- Dr. Michael Kearney – School of Law, Sussex University
- Dr. Noelle Higgins – Senior Lecturer, Law Department Maynooth University
- Ms. Salma Karmi-Ayyoub – Barrister, London
- Dr. Nadia Bernaz – School of Law, Middlesex University
- Mr. John McManus – Canadian Department of Justice
- Professor Megan A. Fairlie – Florida International University
- Dr. Mohamed Badar – Northumbria University, United Kingdom
- Dr. Shane Darcy – Irish Centre for Human Rights, NUI Galway
The closing date for registrations is 30 May 2015. The registration fee (€450) includes all course materials, all lunches and refreshments, a social activity and a closing dinner. The registration fee also includes a complimentary copy of: William A. Schabas, Introduction to the International Criminal Court (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2011, 4th ed.).
To register and for more information, please visit: http://www.conference.ie/Conferences/index.asp?Conference=405.
Should you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.