This installment of Write On!, our periodic compilation of calls for papers, includes submissions for the Australian Feminist Law Journal, as follows:
► The Australian Feminist Law Journal seeks submissions for their special issue on Gender, War and Technology: Peace and Armed Conflict in the 21st Century. Deadline is March 17, 2017. Details here.
Work On! is an occasional item about workshops, roundtables, and other fora that do not necessarily include publication:
► The Siracus International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights will host its Defense Counsel Training Program on 15-19 May, 2017 at its headquarters in Siracusa, Italy. This program is specifically designed for international lawyers, in-house counsels and jurists detailing with cases related to international crimes before national and international jurisdictions. Details here.
This installment of Write On!, our periodic compilation of calls for papers, includes calls to present at the Amsterdam Law Forum, as follows:
The Amsterdam Law Forum seeks submissions for their upcoming spring/summer issue. There are two calls for papers:
- The first is on a broad range of international law issues. Deadline is 10 March 2017.
- The second relates to papers which explore the relationship between environment and international law. Deadline 7 April 2017.
The Siracusa International Institute (SII) will host a specialisation course for junior prosecutors on internaitonal criminal justice and international cooperation in criminal matters on July 3-14, 2017, at SII in Siracusa, Italy. Deadline for applications is March 31, 2017. Details here
Additionally, the SII will hold a specialization course in international criminal law for young penalists (“The International Criminal Court at fifteen”) on May, 21-31, 2017 at SII. Deadline for applications is March 20, 2017. Details here.
This installment of Write On!, our periodic compilation of calls for papers, includes calls to present at the American Society of Internaitonal Law’s Annual Meeting, as follows:
- The Migration Law Interest Group of the American Society of International Law will host a works-in-progress session, to be held from April 12-15, 2017 at Washington DC. The theme is dedicated to original and on-going research on global migration law. Deadline is February 15, 2017. At least three papers will be selected on the basis of the submitted abstracts. Abstracts must not exceed 500 words, and must be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to the abstract, each submission should contain the author’s name and affiliation and a brief cv. The deadline for the submission of the abstracts is February 15, 2017. Authors of selected papers will be notified by March 1, 2017. Authors of selected papers are requested to submit drafts of their works-in-progress by March 15, 2017.
Please note that you must be a member of the American Society of International Law, and join the Migration Law Interest Group, in order to participate in the workshop. You must also register for the ASIL Annual Meeting to participate; the early-bird registration discount period for the Annual Meeting ends January 31.
- Women in International Security Canada Annual Workshop, to be held 17-19 May, 2017 at the Centre for Sustainable Development, Montreal, Quebec. The theme is “Next generation of women leaders”. Deadline is 28 February 2017.
The Academy is now seeking to recruit a Senior Legal Officer ICL. The successful candidate will have a strong track-record in the ICL community – in a governmental organization, a research institution, a public or private foundation, academia, an international organization or civil society.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in conceptualizing, developing and implementing ICL related programs for capacity building, applied research and practitioners and will be responsible for the identification of critical areas of concern in the field of ICL within the framework of the overall strategy of the Academy. He/she will be the focal point for external ICL experts and consultants and will broaden and maintain the Academy’s network in this field.
The Academy promotes equality of opportunity. We offer an indefinite appointment at level E 13 (initial gross annual salary between app. 45,000 € and app. 52,600 € depending on relevant previous experience) of the Collective Agreement applicable to the German Public Service (TVöD Bund), 30 days of paid leave, coverage of relocation costs and other benefits. The contract will include 6 month probationary period.
Applicants who are not in possession of a PhD may be given an opportunity to write a dissertation to obtain a doctoral degree (Doctor juris) at the Law Faculty of the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, if they meet the eligibility requirements of the University for its doctorate program.
Please apply incl. motivation letter, CV and three references to email@example.com before 16 December 2016. For further information please visit the academy or contact or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gender on the International Bench Workshop in Oslo: March 23-24, 2017.
At present, women make up an average of 17% of the judges of international courts and tribunals. There is a significant variation in the proportion of women on the benches of different legal regimes. To better understand and assess this inequality, PluriCourts and iCourts invites papers for a workshop on gender on the international bench.
The aims of the workshop are
- to better understand the current patterns of gender diversity and inequality on these international courts and tribunals,
- to critically assess reasons to be concerned with this gender disparity, and
- to identify challenges and ways to alleviate disparities that should be changed.
We invite papers in political science and philosophy, on a range of issues.
For further information please read the full call for papers.
Please submit an abstract before January 20 to:
For political science: Daniel Naurin Daniel.email@example.com
For philosophy: Andreas Follesdal firstname.lastname@example.org