Go On! makes note of interesting conferences, lectures, and similar events.
► Tampere University and the ALL-YOUTH research project, funded by the Strategic Research Council under the Academy of Finland, and in collaboration with the Finnish Human Rights Centre, announced open registration for Youth, Climate Change, and the European Court of Human Rights, which will be held on virtually, on Friday, November 27, 2020, 14:00-17:00 (EET). The conference will reflect on and debate current topics in the field of environmental human rights and youth climate litigation. The goal is to contribute to the dialogue between the academic community and civil society, especially the youth of environmental activists who want to hold States responsible for their failure in protecting the environment, an omission that has been threatening human rights. Speakers will include:
- The UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights and the Environment, David R. Boyd
- The President of the Supreme Administrative Court of Finland, Kari Kuusiniemi
- Professor Daphina Misiedjan, International Institute of Social Studies from the Erasmus University of Rotterdam
- Professor of Law, Cinnamon Piñon Carlarne, Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law
- Gerry Liston, Legal Officer at Global Legal Action Network
The event is free of charge, but all participants are required to register by 20 November 2020 via the conference website. Click here for details.