The American Red Cross (ARC) International Services Department (ISD) is hiring a Legal Advisor in the area of International Humanitarian Law (IHL).
The Legal Advisor will work as part of the IHL team where he/she will teach an IHL CLE/professional course; assist with research, writing and analysis on IHL and conflict-related issues; and will support the team in complementing and revising educational materials on IHL to highlight the contemporary relevancy of humanitarian issues. Knowledge of international humanitarian law required and a strong interest in international issues, public international law, human rights and international relations or related fields is essential. This position will report to the Director, International Humanitarian Law.
• Lead NHQ hosting of the Clara Barton IHL Competition, conferences, meetings, webinars, as required
• Organize law school workshops in key regional cities/hubs with law school partners
• Conduct research on IHL and policy-related areas and draft memoranda on relevant issues of IHL as needed for program development
• Track and identify current events and relevance to IHL and prepare updates on developments in IHL
• Draft talking points, backgrounders, potential presentation material to support our IHL networks
• Develop supplemental materials for IHL teaching materials, presentations, other events
• Attend briefings/conferences on IHL-related issues and provide updates of key points to IHL team
• Develop and foster networks for possible partnerships with actors within legal community and external audiences (law schools, faculty, professional associations, etc.)
• Assist with content and messaging for social media tools
• Supervise IHL legal interns
• Support the IHL CLE/professional training courses, as needed
• Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=56011&CurrentPage=1.