The 2015 International Criminal Court Summer School will take place at the Irish Centre for Human Rights at the National University of Ireland Galway from 15–19 June 2015.
The annual International Criminal Court Summer School is the premiere summer school specializing on the International Criminal Court. The summer school allows participants the opportunity to attend a series of intensive lectures over five days. The lectures are given by leading academics on the subject and by legal professionals working at the International Criminal Court. The summer school is attended by legal professionals, academics, postgraduate students and NGOs. Participants are provided with a detailed working knowledge of the establishment of the Court, its structures and operations, and the applicable law. Participants are also given the opportunity to network with the speakers throughout the week. Lectures also speak to related issues in international criminal law, including: genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, the crime of aggression, universal jurisdiction, immunities, and the role of victims.
The list of speakers at the 2015 ICC Summer School has yet to be confirmed. The list of speakers at the 2014 ICC Summer School included:
- Professor William Schabas – Irish Centre for Human Rights, School of Law, NUI Galway and School of Law, Middlesex University
- Mr. Fabricio Guariglia – Appeals Division of the Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court
- Dr. Mohamed M. El Zeidy – Pre-Trial Chamber II at the International Criminal Court
- Dr. Rod Rastan – Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court
- Professor Ray Murphy – Irish Centre for Human Rights, School of Law, NUI Galway
- Dr. Noelle Higgins – Irish Centre for Human Rights, School of Law, NUI Galway
- Dr. Shane Darcy – Irish Centre for Human Rights, NUI Galway
- Dr. Nadia Bernaz – School of Law, Middlesex University
- Mr. John McManus – Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Section, Canadian Department of Justice
- Professor Megan A. Fairlie – Florida International University
- Dr. Mohamed Badar – Northumbria University, United Kingdom
- Professor Donald M. Ferencz – Middlesex University School of Law, London
- Dr. Kwadwo Appiagyei Atua – University of Ghana and University of Lincoln
An early bird registration fee of €400 is available for delegates who register before 31 March 2015, with the fee for registrations after that date being €450. The registration fee includes all course materials, all lunches and refreshments, a social activity and a closing dinner. A limited number of scholarships are available.
To register and for more information regarding the 2015 ICC Summer School, please visit: http://www.conference.ie/Conferences/index.asp?Conference=405.